Saturday, September 11, 2010

Strawberry Bavarian Torte


My Job this and next week....It seem as though I Only had to make 6 of these but it is one of most difficult items that we produce. You start off by making "cigarette paste" {a chocolate type paste no tobacco involved LOL} Scrape it in a mold and make "Jaconde" which is the cake added to the design and baked.
The whole Bavarian part has you on the stove heating milk and tempering eggs......It was no surprise that I would mess something up...I had to whip cream to soft peaks not any more. Problem is I thought I would be at the stove and then my cream would be where it needs to be. WRONG! I over mixed it and what do you get?

{Butter!!!}
Yes I made butter and butter milk from scratch...I thought that was so cool. The chef not so much. I had a hard day with feeling like the Bavarian was going to win my spirit dropped. But I did it and everyone said it was so pretty and we pretty much sold all of them!!



{now that is a lot of Butter cream...}
another cool thing was getting some special orders from the public. The Chef and Jon had worked on a large sheet cake for some one.

{The chef definitely has a style of his own}

We were very busy this week! I had more visitors! Natalie, Avery and her Mom. My Mom and my girls.Also Karen and her kids. Thanks for the support guys!!! Until next week! Chow!

1 comment:

  1. the cake was so good. sorry about the butter, but I still think that's its awesome!

    ReplyDelete