Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm In!

Those who are close to me know that in May I applied to Johnson County's Pastry Program and was not accepted. It was not based on talent but points. There were at least 40 applicants and only 15 spots .I got 5 point instead of 10 on work experience {they didn't consider Not too Shabby to be a real employer}. I was upset that they didn't look at my work and see" what I do"that I really want to open a shop and be a proprietor of fine baked goods.You will never stop being a student of the craft and I want to learn more. True I have my recipes and my designs but I have so much more to learn and make it Shabby.
I came to terms with being a reject and after being down a while got up and vowed to be successful no matter even if it was self taught! So with my life full of Dean and Deluca,much experimenting, doing baking jobs, trying to promote and step up Shabby... I forgot about it.
Until today...when I got a call....
They had said I was next in line and that someone dropped out of the program!I had the spot if I wanted.
Oh my this is insane! It starts next week! What does this mean for our future? We wanted to get back to California by March!!! We were even looking at bakeries to buy{or at least pipe dream about} Well after discussing it with my family we realized this would only delay us 2 more months and would help build me as a business owner!
Stay tuned for new exciting things that I will be baking up!
Bitter sweet just like I love my chocolate!

2 comments:

  1. Shame on you for feeling like a reject! ;P:: You are far from that girl!! I'm so happy you were able to get in after all. Exciting stuff!!! :)

    ReplyDelete