Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chocolate Flourless Cake

In the mood for a decadent chocolate dessert that is Gluten free? This is your match! This rich cake is like the moistest brownie you will ever have. Perfect for a Sweet heart dessert or an Anniversary celebration! It takes a little more time to prepare but worth it!
Most people don't have a convection oven so I made a make shift one. Filling a hotel pan with hot water and setting my oven             * Pre heat 300 degrees
While the oven  preheats I prepare my pans.I decided to do individuals,you can also use a 9'inch cheesecake spring form pan.I line the bottom with parchment and place them on a baking sheet.
Then I melt on med heat my butter and chocolate in a double boiler.In the meantime I whip{by hand} my eggs and sugar until thick and wait to incorporate the melted chocolate and egg mixtures. *Be careful to not over mix because it can souffle your cake.

Then your ready to bake. Bake 20 min the rotate and bake additional 15 min. the top will shrink after cooling and may be a little uneven.
 
Pull them out, let cool for 20 min. then refrigerate over night before removing them from pan (s). Once removed  and cold you can slice the top to make it even. I decided to dust the top with powder sugar but it is wonderful with ganache on it too!
 
My Ratios
 
9.25 oz sugar
7 whole eggs
 
2 sticks of butter plus 1.5 tbsp.
9.25 oz  60% Cacao Chocolate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment