Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Macrons

Let the pumpkin baking begin!
Well if you have made these before then you will have had a failures and some causalites..I find aging your egg whites is key and processing the almond flour and confectioner's sugar then sifting get the best results. I also suggest that you have everything prepared and ready before you start mixing I'm talking everything like parchment on your baking sheet and have a pastry bag ready!
 
I added pumpkin spice to my macron recipe and orange food coloring. I add my color to the eggwhite mixture before folding in my almond flour mixture. Most recipes will tell you to mix it in your kitchenaid but I pull the whipped eggs {at a medium-thick whip} and incorpate the dry ingredients. This allows the eggs to stay fluffy for piping.

 
For the filling a mixed in my favorite pumpkin butter!
To my cream cheese icing recipe...Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment